State of Competitive Play

• Hey all. I'm live down in Penticton and am considering trecking up to kelowna to sling some cardboard with guys (and gals) in the big city. I was wondering what the level of play is like at a typical wednesday or friday night event. Here in town most of the player base is just focused on casual play and I'm looking for people to play competitively with. Was also wondering if there are any groups in town that play eturnal formats like as, like I stated above, there only a handful of people here that play / invest in Modern and Legacy. Would love to find a group who is at the same (or higher) level of play in comparison to myself so I can once again have a bit of challenge when playing.

–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Slinging cardboard since 1879

• You have played in Kelowna before Ryan, you should already know what to expect. Why would it be any different?

• I haven't been up to play in a while now. Just seeing if there has been any change. Had a friend that has gone up recently and what he had to say contridicted my experience I've had. I also had a different mindset to the game back then and such thinking can lead to a warped mindset towards how things really are. Things can definetly change over the matter of a couple years.

–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Well quite a few vets have either left the game or left the area. But its the only decent paper magic you are going to find in the okanagan. You cant be picky when you live here. You either play here, play mtgo, play at the kitchen table or not at all.

• I'm not being picky. I just don't want to be walking into a Penticton 2.0. The players are nice here but most don't have a high skill level with the game. I'm looking at only a small group of people here in town that I can play at some sort of competitive level with. If the group of such people in kelowna is just as small it will severly hamper my justifacation of trecking down to play and meet people.

• Hey Ryan it's been awhile.

Commander, legacy, vintage, modern, I have competitive decks in everything but Standard (blah). And I usually only get to test out my commander decks cuz it's the only eternal format other people play around here it seems. Give me a shout if you're up for a few games sometime. I'm living in Summerland though for now…

Also get a phone! And no I'm still not trading the cabal therapy haha

• I have a home phone but rarely check it. The best way to keep in touch with me would have to be through facebook. You should add me and we can arrange a time to get together and play. I'm mostly into modern and legacy. Ya I kinda stopped coming after my roomate decided the trek wasn't worth it. I just got myself a new car though so now I'm alot more open and can come back and start playing, maybe find more people who play in like competitive mindsets as myself.