Attn: Modern players

• I am assuming that most people who played on Sundays have noticed the lack of tournaments.

The issue was sparse turn-outs, so in the interest of continuing to play real mtg, I figured that I get a thread going where people who want there to be more Modern tournaments and would actually show up regularly, can explain themselves.

What is meant by explaining yourselves includes issues, like time, day of the week etc.

Perhaps there is something else that I am missing, but part of the issue of attendance may stem from people dropping-in, rather than signing-up online in advance. If I need to explain why signing-up online and in advance is the way to go, I can.

Besides the tournaments starting at 5pm, which was a pain to me for numerous reasons, I was fairly happy with Sunday, as Modern night. I can see a later start time being relevant to players who come from outside of Kelowna though.

"A great value of antiquity lies in the fact that its writings are the only ones that modern men still read with exactness."

• Totally support modern on Sunday. 5:30 would be sweet. I hate having to Muscle the yugioh shrubs out of the shop so we can get started.

"Welcome to perfection."
    -Sheoldred, Whispering One

• sundays are a nice night for me, as james said, 530 would be a much better start time

nearing the last little bit before the PTQ i had a lot of family things on sundays i had to deal with so i was unable to attend as many as i wanted to, i had full intention to go every week but life gets in the way sometimes

–-----------------------------
    What goes up must come sideways

• once school is done for the semester sunday nights will probably work well. i would come anytime i'm not busy.

• last night it was also suggested that tuesday night may be a possiblity

• Yeah Sunday works well for me, and two other people looking to start playing in around a week as we finish our decks.

Myr Myr on the wall, who gives the most mana of them all?

• Seems to me that there are a good handful of people who are more than willing to show up on Sundays for modern.

Myself, Levi, Alex, Steve, Sean, Kevin, wade, Shane, Garrett, and a handful of others.

"Welcome to perfection."

• Yea I'd b down for modern on Sundays once in awhile but I can't really commit to coming every week… I live like an hour away after all haha. Also wanna mention that they should do a competitive edh night sometime cuz I'd so b down for that any day of the week!

• Is Modern normally every second Sunday? I know the Prerelease occupies a Sunday coming up soon, but what is the normal schedule like? I'm bummed out that I can't make it on the fourteenth, but every other Sunday for the next couple of months is completely clear for me.

• I am all for modern happening on sunday but 5pm starts are kind of late for me because i have things that regularily start at 5:30

• It will never start earlier on sundays as there are yugioh tournaments before hand.

Troll extraordinaire. PT Paris scrub out.

• Did modern get cut? I noticed that there weren't any events for it in May.

• I love Modern, But for Two reasons the tournaments never worked out for me
    1: I take the bus and sunday bus sucks to get from my house to quantum
    2: I work Weekend night shift from 10:00pm to 8:00am (now from my home which is really awesome) thus a tournament beginning at 5:30 does not work as It would probably run until 9:30 with sunday busses I'd have to leave my house at 3:00 to get there for 5:30 and then taxi myself home for like $40

So I would be definitely down for playing modern sometime It just couldn't be Saturday Sunday or Monday
    I could do something pre FNM however most other people work "Normal" shifts so I'm in the minority.

Anyway If anyone wants to play some Modern against the deck I had planned for moderns PTQ but couldn't attend sometime on a Tues Wed or Thur let me know and I'll gladly pop out to quantum.

• My roommate and myself have been pondering for some time over whether to commit to modern or not. After Modern Master's came out and we noticed modern tournaments where being posted on the schedule we have fully delved into it. The only worry we have is whether there is going to be consistency and that there would continue to be tournaments. If the problem is lack of attendance then we can help by adding two more people to the list. Sundays are my roommate's day off and I can easily book the time off for us to come down every couple weeks.

–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Slinging cardboard since 1879

• I would be interested but I could probably only show up every second week, and the odd time every week. just made a modern deck recently.

Current star deck: DTN! :D

• Now that I have a Modern Deck (well minus a card or two) I'm ready to play!
    Especially as Sunday is the only free day I have to play Magic now.

• The major issue is that Al will post and host Modern every other Sunday for a couple months and we barely make it to 8 people. Without 8 people you can't have a sanctioned event, not to mention that a tourney with only 8 people isn't that great anyway. If more people attended more often there would almost certainly be more Modern Sunday Tournaments. Supply and Demand, simple as that.

"Welcome to perfection."