Diving Into MTG

• Hello people of Quantum!

I've recently been sucked into the black hole that is MTG. Sadly I know next to nothing regarding tournaments or how they pan out, or even if it is worth attempting one with all of you guys that have decks that are worth a couple hundred dollars. xD I was told by a friend that its not against "Taboo" to just show up and flaunt my noobiness around. If anyone knows where I could figure out these different Tourny rules and formats a link (or six) would be greatly appreciated!

I look forward to meeting you all at one MTG get together or another.

-James

• Whats up James.

I am almost in the exact same boat.

I have roughly 10 years Magic playing experience, but have not played really at all or kept up with things for the last 7 years or so.

I consider myself an expert with certain things, but coming back into MTG with all sorts of new features, coupled with the massive influx of younger hugly talented players, makes me feel and freequntly look like a total n00b!

However, the MTG community in Kelowna, and Quantum in general is great. I just started showing my face around there in the last 60 days or so, and everyone has been hugly friendly, knowledgeable, honest, and generally a pleasure to deal with, and to lose to.

I have learned alot, and am starting to get very comfortable with the newer formats: standard, and especially modern.

Best thing I could reccomend would be to check the MTG night listings on the top right hand of this page, and pop in one of the nights, maybe and hour early to get your deck set up and make sure its legal (my first mistake), and feel free to just shoot the shit and ask questions.

everyone is super easy to talk to, and will steer you in the right direction.

Welcome!

WU-TANG

A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef.

• As a kid I grew up with my dad playing MTG and once I hit my latter teen years I've gotten interested in the game. Sadly I missed the MTG Nirvana inheritance as he gave away/sold all of his cards months before I became interested in the game. So now I've been saddled with the Core 2012/2013 stuff, which I've been told is an okay start.

I'm thinking about showing up to one of these Friday MTG Nights (probably the 8th), and I'll be looking for the kind of community that you describe here. I look forward to this opportunity to play against players such as yourself and others like you.

-James

• yes that is a good place to start.

alot of the other players are looking for stuff fromt he newer sets FYI just incase you are looking to start some trading. The new gatecrash series comes out on friday, and it is looking really fun.

I would suggest starting with some good quality rare land for the foundation of your deck, and go from there.

I have a shit load of commons and un commons from Return to Ravnica, Inistrad, and 2013, that you are more less welcome to. I would maybe ask for like 1maybe 2 rares, and you could have the lot of them.

If you just need some, they are free.

hit me up some time if you want to play or trade.

A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef.

• Yeah, when I go by the store next week I'm going to drop a butt load of cash on the Gatecrashers stuff. From what I've seen it looks pretty awesome. Dude, if you have cards that you are cool with giving away I am more than happy to take them off your hands. Once I go through my GTC's stuff you can feel free to pick out 1 or 2 (depending on how many cards you are willing to get rid of) rares from that set. :) I'm pretty busy these next couple weeks, but I might be out at Al's on the 8th if everything works out right with college and crap. If you want to meet up then and pick out some rares, that'd be sweet, otherwise I probably won't be out there for another couple weeks.

Look for the dude who's getting his butt handed to him on a platter by what used to be considered the noobs. AKA The dude with the green backpack filled with MTG shit.