Thalia vs Suspend

• Not sure if you guys figured it out or not after the match, but Thalia does add 1 to the mana cost of a suspended spell, even when it's free, I just looked it up. Thalia imposes an additional cost, the free casting only considers what is printed on the card for it's mana cost.

Abbath Announces Candidacy: Vows To End Global Warming By Covering The Entire World In Permafrost.

• Sweet, thanks Steve. We called it the other way, it didn't affect the game anyway, thanks for the heads up for next time.

So you pay the (1) when the time counter is removed and the spell resolves then?

"Welcome to perfection."
    -Sheoldred, Whispering One

• Yeah no worries man, I just wanted to post it since I am sure it will come up again and again, since Thalia is going to see tons of play and there will be some number of suspend spells in the format for sure.

And yeah, you pay the 1 mana when the last time counter is removed. If you can't pay the 1 at that time though, the spell stays permanently exiled.

Abbath Announces Candidacy: Vows To End Global Warming By Covering The Entire World In Permafrost.