Deckbuilding 101

• Hi - Many of you know that I tend to play "good decks" because I sort of suck at deckbuilding. That time is over! I'm throwing myself into the deep end, and no matter how much splashing there is, I'm gonna learn how to make decks work.

Here's what I'm planning - from week to week, you pick a card in Standard. It can be any card, but preferably it's something representative of a deck (good examples: omniscience, heartless summoning, battle of wits, birthing pod, knowledge pool, chalice of life). I build a deck and bring it to WNM/FNM with at least 3 copies of it maindeck, 2 if it's a seven-drop or higher.

Pick a card as bad as you want, I'll try to build a deck around it.

Maybe you join me. This seems fun to me.

Any votes for Door to Nothingness for tomorrow?

• haha..yes I would love to see you play nothingness. I think I'll try a home brew tmrw night aswell.

Uncing my way to victory.

• Alright, tomorrow is nothingness. Probably a hard first test, cuz that card is awful.

• Always having been out there myself I'm working on a post rotation legal chalice of life deck anyone who wants to help out can check my trade thread for some stuff I need

Also I have other such ideas for deck worthy cards to build on my plan was to build play then post here with base card record and deck list After piloting it

• ive got my Omniscience homebrew im gonna be using next time im playing, probably next wednesday

–-----------------------------
    What goes up must come sideways

• I just whipped up another design I will post some of the reqs in my thread if I can get either my chalice or it done by weds I will play them I come

• Anyone Notice, here, Birds have been in Every core set EXCEPT 9th edition which came out just before Ravnica (which had birds) and M13 which came out just before Return to Ravnica… Maybe Return to Ravnica has Birds in it?

• I totally agree with you. pretty sure they will be in the next set.

• Best of luck man…I guess try a grixis type of build with door and possibly nicol bolas?

• I vote you make a Nicol Bolas deck!

• I tried to make Nicol last weekend, actually. It was too hard to make work, and Nicol himself wasn't all that great. He'd fit ok in this deck, to be honest…

So, problem. After spending the last day or so building, I just found out... I DON'T HAVE ANY DOOR TO NOTHINGNESS's. Neither does Al.

Can anyone trade me/lend me 2 for tonight? If not, I'm gonna have to just play something gay like delver, pod, or ramp. F those decks. :)

• Grixis? Pfft. I'll just play all the best cards from all the best colors. Here's my landbase (lol):

1 Drowned Catacomb
    4 Rootbound Crag
    2 Sunpetal Grove
    2 Island
    2 Forest
    2 Mountain
    2 Swamp
    2 Hinterland Harbor
    1 Sulfur Falls
    2 Copperline Gorge
    1 Dragonskull Summit
    1 Plains
    3 Woodland Cemetery
    1 Blackcleave Cliffs
    1 other land (not sure what i'm going to slot in here yet)

• Crisis averted, two doors to nothingness gotten.

• Traveler's Amulet and Evolving Wilds is an excellent mana fixer….

• That was fun, although not terribly competitive. 2-2. People got Door'd 3 times. :P

I think next week is phylactery lich, but I might have to nix it because lich needs artifacts, and all the best artifacts are in scars block, which I'm missing (4 mox opals alone will be hard to come by).

Perhaps laboratory maniac..?

• I am Joining in on this, I'm 9 Cards short for my Infinite Reflection deck.
    Someones got to be able to help me get the last 9 cards (see my thread)
    I might not show on wednesday however due to my wedding being friday.
    But when I do come I'll have this done.

• Ignore this, I think I can make surge work with reflection
    SO ITS MINE FUAHAHAHAHAHAH HEHEHEHEHE HEHEHE

No Seriously If you wanna try it go ahead.
    but I'm gonna try it,

• I need an Increasing confusion and a grindclock. Anyone willing to lend/trade me for them?

• So many things being said on here are totally irrelevant to the forum topic, just sayin'.

"Welcome to perfection."
    -Sheoldred, Whispering One

• Like your comment!??!

/THREADJACK

• Was I close to your version Chris? My gameplan is to boundless realms into door+activation following turn
    Creatures: 15
    4x Birds of Paradise
    4x Solemn Simulacrum
    4x Viridian Emissary
    3x Primeval Titan
    Ramp: 11
    4x Farseek
    4x Rampant Growth
    3x Boundless Realms
    Others: 9
    3x Door to Nothingness
    4x Whipflare
    2x Flames of the Firebrand
    Land: 25
    2x Swamp
    2x Island
    2x Plains
    4x Copperline Gorge
    4x Rootbound Crag
    3x Shimmering Grotto
    7x Forest
    1x Mountain

I challenge you to build a deck with !….............Descendants Path!!!!!