RTR Pre-release info

• Fresh from the Wizards website:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/activity/1027

"Q: Why wasn't there a catchphrase (à la "Horror lurks within" / "The Grand Compleation is Achieved") for Return to Ravnica ?

-@The_Hyze

A: From Monty Ashley, Web Publisher DailyMTG.com

Actually, there is! But we didn't include it in our announcement because it would have given away the presence of the guilds. We wanted to keep them under wraps a little longer. But no more! So the tagline for Return to Ravnica is…

Choose Your Guild

This will tie in to the Prerelease, where each player will choose from the five guilds in Return to Ravnica (Azorius, Izzet, Rakdos, Golgari, and Selesnya) and receive a Guild Prerelease Pack (while supplies last) of five Return to Ravnica booster packs, a guild-specific booster pack, a special alternate-art Prerelease card unique to each guild, an achievement card, a Spindown life counter, a guild symbol sticker, and a letter from the guild's leader. And for this event, players may use the promo card included with the Guild Prerelease Pack in their tournament decks!"

Seems interesting....

• well thats awesome

–-----------------------------
    What goes up must come sideways

• That is an awesome amount of effort on wizard's behalf. Love it!

• Selesnya for the win-

"Welcome to perfection."
    -Sheoldred, Whispering One

• My fiance wants them too my guild is not in this set infarct I have no guild my guild it's not among the nine guilds of ravnica

I'm off to my room with no space in my structure that was never built see you all later

• ravnica has 10 guilds.

• Yes It does have 10 guilds, But the average ravnican citizen in his/her life will only encounter 9 of them.

He may fill out paperwork to apply for some kind of licence in an azorious court house

He may mourn a lost relative in a golgari graveyard

His hot water and the heat for his home comes from Izzet run boilerworks

He may see a rakdos cultist muttering to himself in a back alley

He might ask an officer of the boros legion for directions in a crowded shopping district

He might encounter a creature designed by the simic combine while searching for a pet for his child

He might overhear agents of the selesnya conclave preaching in a crowded square

He might put his money into an Orzhov collection plate on sunday

and perhapse he's a poor citizen living in the gruul slums among beasts

However unless he is doomed he will never know the agents of Dimir
    He might see the dimir signet on the pillar of the parauns but he would dismiss it at the sigil of a long forgotten guild that no longer exists.

• Doubtfull they would, but I was just thinking what if the promo they give that they let you use was a foil alternate art shock land….

• and that was under the old guildpact. we dont know if Dimir is more public now.
    each guild's duties have also changed, the boros are now closer to mercs than a police force as one example

• Two cards previewed today from the Izzet vs. Golgari duel deck. The preview says one of the above cards will be in the RTR set.

• gee. i wonder which. since jared's a new card for RtR and niv is a reprint

also, i want jared for my BG edh badly

• Most will probably see this already but I love this new plainswalker

• looks decent for a 5cmc PLANESwalker
    thankfully doesnt read -3 destroy tgt permanent.. non land!

• When will we be able to sign up? I really want to do the Midnight if thats happening again. I missed m13 because of work.

• I think AL said he was planning to do a midnight on Friday and the day release on Sunday. Will have to wait until it's a little closer I think before he has a final plan.

• Hey Al, don't hurt me for posting here, but can you send me my DCI number?

• Hey Al, don't hurt me for posting here, but can you send me my DCI number?

• administrators

I sent your DCI # to your hotmail

• Thanks Al.