Grand Prix Vancouver - June 23/24

• Grand Prix Vancouver is coming! Avacyn Restored sealed deck main event. Tons of side events all weekend starting Friday afternoon and running through Sunday. Vendors, artists, tons of judges and lots of events! For more information visit the website at www.westcanevents.com. Hope to see you there and have a strong turnout from Kelowna to push the size of GP Vancouver to epic levels. If you have any questions please return fire with email to mikemacphee at gmail.com

Mike MacPhee
    Premier Tournament Organizer - Vancouver
    DCI Judge L2

• I'm thinking of going to this tournament…If other people are down maybe I can hitch a ride or I can be the one driving.

Uncing my way to victory.

• administrators

<h1 class="title">
    Grand Prix Vancouver - June 23/24</h1>

• Vancouver site
    Vancouver's community has a good site for Magic knowledge, strategy, and connecting with Vancouver folk.
    www.roguegaming.com
    Watch out for the trolls, it can be a pretty harsh place with lots of immature responses but there's some good stuff and good people there too.

Hotels
    Recommend staying outside of the downtown core if you have a car, you'll save $70/night for the hotel and parking can be had for $12-13/day, so you come out $55+ ahead by staying out of downtown. Unless you don't mind paying for the convenience of being close. Lots of rooms have two doubles, which is usually good for sleeping 4 Magic players.

Downtown Parking
    http://en.parkopedia.ca/parking/parkade/parkwell_plaza_parkade/v6b/vancouver/
    Parking at The Bay (#1 on the map link) is the best option for downtown Vancouver.
    Really, the driver drops everyone off at the venue and hoofs it 4 blocks. There's a Tim Horton's on the way from parking to the venue, so it's all good.

Any questions hit me up directly via email at mikemacphee at gmail.com

Mike MacPhee
    Premier Tournament Organizer - Vancouver
    DCI Judge L2

• Heya! I may have a couple spots for the trip down to GP Van. Here are the Details:

Hotel : Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle (Four Star!) 1128 West Hastings StreetVancouver, BC V6E 4R5 (Minutes walk from Convention Center)
    Leaving : Friday Morning (Time TBD)
    Returning : Sunday Afternoon/Night (Depending on Day 2 Qualifying)
    Room : 2 Double beds (Bedroll optional - may cost $$)
    Cost for Ride + Hotel = $135 Each person (Total cost $540 /4). If costs exceed I will cover.

Please post a reply on here if you are interested, and I will contact you if there is a spot available.

• Bump

• I doubt I'll find anyone but I am looking for someone going down on Friday and that will be back in Kelowna before 11AM Sunday Morning, because I have to work that day.

I won't need a hotel room, just a ride.

• Ya its unlikely as if people make day 2 they'll be playing on sunday..

Troll extraordinaire. PT Paris scrub out.

• I'll wanting to go down more or less asap; have somewhere to stay; will pay for gas after selling some cards in Van(sales lined-up); need to be back in Kelowna by Monday evening.

Call the shop and ask whoever for my number if you don't have it already.

"A great value of antiquity lies in the fact that its writings are the only ones that modern men still read with exactness."

• Nathan, i found you in a video about GP Van
    http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/1319/Loading-Time-GP-Vancouver
    you're around the 2 minute mark

–-----------------------------
    What goes up must come sideways

• Did you happen to overlook Gordo is sitting right next to him? Hah

• nope. i just didnt see him XD
    short little fella.

edit: reality, i almost missed noticing Nathan, so missing gordo kinda went with that

–-----------------------------
    What goes up must come sideways

• Ugh I wish I hadn't clicked that link. LRR's videos are some of the most awful magic related things you can find out there. Life wasted. lol

Troll extraordinaire. PT Paris scrub out.