The Which is Better Thread. Card vs Card

• So I thought it would be fun to start a thread to vote on which of two opposing cards you like better. Or more accurately, which you think is a better card irregardless of personal tribal preferences.

Not only cards of opposing factions but cards with obvious opposite mechanics. This is about the one card vs. one card match-ups that WoTC loves to print. I'd like to avoid the "which Titan is better" or "which Command is better" questions since those answers would require entire threads themselves.

"Men will beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks." _MLK

• It starts to let infect be viable.

–-----------------------------
    What goes up must come sideways

• Mirran because it's more likely to get play passed sideboard. I could see UB running the phyrexian one off the board against rdw and boros, quest to a lesser extent. That's the only play I see either getting as infect is still going to have to be explosive with pump effects unless they print a bunch of overpowered dudes. Which lets face it, it won't be surprising if they do.

Troll extraordinaire. PT Paris scrub out.

• Mirran Crusader. Probably be used in more than just infect decks, or sideboard.

• only cuz it has black hate, and anything that protects from doom blades and grasp's is A ok in my books. Not to mention the green prot, which is viable against those pesky elves.

• @Truth:

Mirran Crusader. Probably be used in more than just infect decks, or sideboard.

Lol you said exactly what I said in less words.

Eddie, Elves just isn't a good deck. If you side something against it you side ratchet bombs and such.

• @insaniac:

Lol you said exactly what I said in less words.

Heh, indeed I did. My bad.

• Well there was the one sentence answer/rebuttal/flame rule, but who reads rules? :P

How about we amend it to be: short posts rather than the apparently too restrictive one sentence. Though you could try to be really creative in constructing long legal sentences. >_<;

Frankly I'm a little surprised by the early results of this one. Interesting, very interesting…

"Men will beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks." _MLK

• I think mirran crusader trumps pherexyian; both cards will not see play in standard outside of sideboards, unless you'll be playing a mono white knight deck; right now in our meta I don't find red that strong other then Stephen playing boros once and a while or some jerk playing valakut (however, valakut isn't that strong red wise and is more based on getting titans out); while pro green/black means hate against mono black vamps and vengevine shinanigans which a good amount of people in our meta run, I'd think mirran crusader will be ran more, for W/? hate against vamps or mono white knight decks. Run off sentences are fun.

Always having that one card and getting there since 2004.

• Awesome Gordo!

• One sentence for a topic like this isn't even realistic anyway. You want to know why someone thinks one card is better, yet you try to limit the explanation they put into it? There shouldn't be a limit to length, and I doubt many people will adhere to it if you try to enforce it anyway.