Who's interested in EDH 1v1 or 2v2 tourney?

• With the popularity of EDH (commander) at FNM and the lack of extended and legacy players, having an EDH tournament would be a nice alternative to standard. This tourney would not necessarily have to be on a friday, could be be saturday.

Until modern magic comes out, this should do the trick.

Who would be up for this event?

• I'm in favor, and would be inclined to vote for the 2v2 matches/games. The only problem with that is how would the scoring be done; would we be in teams the entire time, or do mass switches after every round?

1v1 would be easier to organize, but i think the 2v2 would just be more fun to attend.

• K well if there is an EDH tourny it has to be multi-player. Multi-player EDH makes everything 100% more fun and I also don't lose on turn 5 when I can't do anything for 4 turns.

Always having that one card and getting there since 2004.

• A multiplayer "tournament" could be done with say 25 or 16 people. It could be done swiss style with all the people who get first play with the other people who got first and so forth for the rest. In other words a casual EDH get together with the excitment of meeting new people in a tournament.

I would prefer to see 1v1 or 2v2 events though. They would be neat if enough people could put together good 1 on 1 decks. If people build for the event and have the cardpool available to make a good deck it would get interesting.

• No get together and have some fun. Build a powerhouse out of your 99 cards and get er done!

• Hopefully I can help your lack of legacy player situation. I have not played in 9 years so that puts me a the end of Odyssey block. Still have a couple of old decks to play with. Still I do not get many chances to make it to Kelowna on Friday nights but I hope to make it sometime soon. I would love to have a legacy game.

• I would love to see a EDH night. Having just recently started magic again all my cards are in the scourge and prior sets.

• MINE

• it doesnt matter if its 1v1 or 2v2, Either way its gunna be fun!!

• I heard that there is a commander tournament on the 27th. We need to get a banlist made for the tournament since there is no set banlist: there's many different lists.

• There is a Commander ban list now. We've always used the one that Sheldon Menery has, since he's like the head guy for EDH lol. http://www.dragonhighlander.net/rules.php thats the official page as linked from magicthegathering.com

Troll extraordinaire. PT Paris scrub out.

• @Martin, I agree that the official list is great for multiplayer games, this is a 1v1 tournament, so a different list will be used. It will mostly be the same, removing a few cards and adding some. MTGSALVATON has hosted many 1v1 edh tourneys and has an effective banlist. Al said that he would take this list into account. The only card normally banned that al will allow is Sol Ring. Mana Crypt, Crucible of Worlds, Necropotence and Sundering Titan, among others will most likely be banned for the tourney.

• @aaBAZZANA:

@Martin, I agree that the official list is great for multiplayer games, this is a 1v1 tournament, so a different list will be used. It will mostly be the same, removing a few cards and adding some. MTGSALVATON has hosted many 1v1 edh tourneys and has an effective banlist. Al said that he would take this list into account. The only card normally banned that al will allow is Sol Ring. Mana Crypt, Crucible of Worlds, Necropotence and Sundering Titan, among others will most likely be banned for the tourney.

Bazzana I think that that list is used in the french scene more then anything, they also play with 30 life and play cards like winters orb, and contamination. So I think that we should stick to allowing sol ring, Mana crypt and the lot. If you dont have them in your decks put them in.

• The link I posted even says it can be used as 1v1. I'd say keep it with what the "official" list is. It doesn't say anywhere there that it's not to be used for 1v1. Not to mention we've always used his list at quantum, so changing it now would be retarded.

Troll extraordinaire. PT Paris scrub out.