Sunpetal Grove

• Hi Everybody this is my first post I am very new to magic and got a couple of boosters and a 2011 intro pack I got the Sunpetal Grove land the Text says it enters the battle ground tapped unless I control a forest/Plains but it says if I tap it I get to put a additional mana from my hand into my mana pool but I was wondering say Id rather tap it to use it like a normal forest/Plains land card then could I ?

Zamorazz

• if you have a normal forest or plains in play already then you will be able to use this land right away, if not then it will enter play tapped and you'll have to wait a turn to use it

–-----------------------------
    What goes up must come sideways

• Lands tap to add mana to your mana pool. You then use that mana in your pool to pay the costs of spells or abilities. If a land says it adds mana to your mana pool that is what it does. for example a forest has the ability, T: add G to your mana pool.
    Sunpetal Grove has the advantage of being able to tap for one of two colors (green and white) unlike basic lands, which only add their respective colors. Sunpetal Grove has the drawback of coming into play tapped if you do not control a forest of plains.
    This drawback is very easy to play around and is definitely worth the flexibility in colors. in a 2 color deck with 4 Sunpetal Grove and 16-20 basic lands, the grove becomes very good.
    If you have any more questions let me know. I hope this message helped clarify how basic and non-basic lands and mana work.

• Lands tap to add mana to your mana pool. You then use that mana in your pool to pay the costs of spells or abilities. If a land says it adds mana to your mana pool that is what it does. for example a forest has the ability, T: add G to your mana pool.
    Sunpetal Grove has the advantage of being able to tap for one of two colors (green and white) unlike basic lands, which only add their respective colors. Sunpetal Grove has the drawback of coming into play tapped if you do not control a forest of plains.
    This drawback is very easy to play around and is definitely worth the flexibility in colors. in a 2 color deck with 4 Sunpetal Grove and 16-20 basic lands, the grove becomes very good.
    If you have any more questions let me know. I hope this message helped clarify how basic and non-basic lands and mana work.